Monday, July 21, 2008

Update

I just wanted to let you all know that Gary passed away early this morning. I just spoke with his wife. She is with her minister making arrangements for his funeral service.

They removed the life support yesterday morning, and Suzie said that although she knew this was coming, she still was not prepared. She kept saying that she had hoped for a miracle here on earth. However, she then pointed out that he got a miracle after all, because he is now with God in heaven.

There is a peace in knowing that he is not suffering anymore. There is a peace in knowing that when he took his last breath here, he was immediately in the presence of God for eternity. As believers in Christ, we have the ability to grieve with hope because this life is not our forever home. There is more yet to come, and it is the best!

Please pray for Suzie as she begins this journey of life without her husband here. Pray for each of their children as well. He leaves behind a legacy of a great big family that loves him dearly, along with many friends as well. I feel honored to have spent time with some of them this past week. I regret that I did not have the chance to know this man before. I have a feeling I missed out on a blessing.

Thanks for your prayers. I know they are felt.

No comments: