Sunday, January 25, 2009

We can't ignore

I saw this video today while reading a blog that I follow often. It reminds me of our time in Uganda, but it also reminds me of why we are in this adoption process at all. Our little girl could have been these children. I just weep at the thought of that, but I know that for so many children, this is reality.

I am burdened to make a difference. What about you?

Oh God, forgive us for the times we have overlooked your children, your creation. Forgive us for not being thankful for our abundance and for not finding ways to share it with the world around us. Open our eyes, God. Let us be disturbed and burdened to act when we see these images. Give us your heart, Father. Teach us to love like you do.



For those who want to know how to make a difference, here is a place to start.

3 comments:

Jo Ann said...

As I dry these tears, I can only think, "Those are our children too". Lord, show us what to do....

Unknown said...

OH HOW I CRY AND ACHE SO BADLY...I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO..I WANT TO HOLD THEM, KISS THEM...LET THEM FEEL THAT MY HEART IS BEATING FOR THEM. I DON'T KNOW WHEN I HAVE EVER FELT SO HELPLESS.

YES, LORD, I ASK YOU TO PLEASE PLEASE SHOW ME WHAT I CAN DO FOR THESE CHILDREN. I ASK THIS OF YOU AS I AM HELPLESS WITHOUT A DOUBT. EVEN MONEY IS NOT ENOUGH FOR ME. SHOW ME LORD, I BEG OF YOU.

AMEN

Tooz said...

Dear God, please take care of Sam and Esther. Only You know what is best for them.