Saturday, June 21, 2008

Celebrating...

HEALING DAY 2008

June 21st is a holiday in our family. It was on this day in 2007 that Bryan had his last stomach surgery. That day marked his 6th surgery in 11 months, and it started him on a journey of total health and happiness. We have deemed that day "Healing Day" for we believe that God healed Bryan that day.

When Bryan went into surgery that morning, the doctor told us that he expected to have to remove part of his colon due to the "extensive damage" that had been done in the previous year from repeated infections. It's funny how you remember phrases like that. But, I also distinctly remember Dr. Iocono saying "It's a miracle. There was no damage at all! His colon was like a perfectly healthy 11 year old boy's should be". We were thrilled then, and we still are now. In the past year, I have often found myself thinking "Bryan didn't do this last year" or "It's so good to see Bryan feel well enough to be here". I am reminded every day of the healing gift that God provided for our son, and I am grateful.

We spent the day at Woodland Skate Park, where the Quicksilver team was doing a demo and competition. Regrettably, we missed the demo (they didn't do it when the online schedule said they were going to!), but Bryan still had a great time skating. The place was NUTS, I tell you. You could not have paid me to get out there, but Bryan did. (Jeff has posted a lot of other pics here). And as I watched him skate, I thanked the Lord one more time for healing his body.

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

AMEN!!! WE ALSO PRAISE GOD EVERYTIME WE THINK OF WHAT OUR BRYAN WENT THRU AND HOW GOD BROUGHT HIM THROUGH IT! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!!