Monday, June 30, 2008

Family Fun


This past week, we headed to Gatlinburg for a few days with my family. We had a beautiful cabin (thanks, Mom & Dad), did a little shopping and had a blast playing cards. We laughed, swam, shopped, laughed some more.. you get the picture, right?

We haven't been able to make this trip in the last couple of years, so it was nice to be back with my family. I enjoyed hanging out and just being together! Good times!! A highlight for me was going through the "Ripley's Believe it Or Not!" museum with Bryan. He loved it, and it was great to hang out together. Jeff took Bryan to ride go-carts one day as well. And of course, I LOVE hanging with my niece. Kristin, if you are reading this... you crack me up and I love ya! Just beware of bad melons, girl! okay??? (inside joke)

We got back into town on Saturday, but Jeff was off yesterday as well which is a rare treat. So, Jeff, Bryan and I headed up to Kings Island for some roller coasters. Have you heard that they changed the name of Kings Island? It's now "Jerry Springerville". Seriously... I saw more folks that looked and acted as if they were on the Jerry Springer show than I ever care to see again! But the 3 of us had a great time together.

We rode all of the big rides... well, I didn't ride the Beast since I am not into torture. But I think we hit the rest of them. I think Bryan rode the Vortex 4 times! The weather was perfect... a little cloudy and overcast...so there were hardly any lines! One thing I will say is that I am NEVER getting on Firehawk again. I was still shaking when we left the park last night from that experience! No thanks!!

I love my family. I love spending time together, making memories. We've made a lot of them this week. This is the only life we get, and I want to make it count!

I took the day off today as well to recuperate. Jeff is also off, so we are enjoying a relaxing day at home. They are installing carpet in our media room in the basement as I write this. We will probably paint some trim this afternoon, and I guess I will go to the grocery at some point today. Nothing major though.. just enjoying being at home with my family.

What's the best thing you have done to celebrate your family lately??

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! I'm so jealous! We're not going to the burg this summer--we usually go with my parents, too. They are doing a habitat build that week--can't blame them there. But I will miss the trip.

Also, haven't been to Springerville in about 8 years. In fact, the last time we went, we only stayed til 3 because I threw up on three different roller coasters! How crazy is that? One of which was one of my favorites, as it also seems to be Bryan's, The Vortex. Do they still have King Cobra because that is my absolute fave ever!!

Bird's Words said...

No more King Cobra.. that was one of my favorites too! Now they have Delirium (awesome), face off (also great!), Firehawk (not so great to me!!), the Italian Job (fast, but not terribly exciting). Good times...

Robo said...

Firehawk is AWESOME! You must have rode it wrong.
How was Son of Beast without the loop?

We are getting ready for our annual trip to the Beach of Myrtle.
I absolutely love that trip! Pictures to come soon after we get back.

Jo Ann said...

We had sooooooooooo much fun with "all our kids". We love all of you and hope we have many, many more good times......
Looking forward to the Reds game on Friday.